Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe it, 2014 is over already. As it is 2015 now I figured I should make a start with my New Years resolution and get blogging.

Who else is hungover today? The hangover day is a great concept, it's basically an excuse to sit on the sofa and watch films all day long, which I am very good at. So I had my tea and my popcorn and was faced with my first dilemma of the day... What do I watch? 

Eventually I settled on 'Man of Steel' not to everyone's taste but admitably DC and Marvel are somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me, and having grown up watching Superman and Smallville, Man of Steel just seemed right. I find the film seems to assume that the watcher has a basic knowledge of superman, having watched the film with my 9 year old brother I found myself answering a lot of questions about superman that the film just didn't cover. 

The film begins on Krypton with the birth of Superman and shows us the reason why he was sent to earth in the first place. This is quickly followed by a montage of him growing up which personally I found to be the best part of the film. What then followed can really only be explained as a series of fights and explosions. In particular, I felt the final fight scene between Superman (Henry Cavill) and General Zod (Michael Shannon) dragged on a little too long. Luckily for me the film wasn't one I needed to pay too close attention to and I could complain about being hungover without missing something important in the film. It is definitely worth a watch (especially if you are a DC fan like myself) just maybe don't get your hopes up too high for it. However Henry Cavill was a good choice to play Superman he portrayed the character just as I expected superman to be and definitely has the physique to play him. I can only imagine the dieting and training he will have gone through.

I think that's enough for my first real post don't you? If you have any questions please do comment.

Thanks for reading.

J.


No comments:

Post a Comment