Sunday 4 January 2015

Christmas is Over... Oh-no!

Okay so I'm sure a lot of you are going through the same thing today, Christmas and New Years are over and it is now time to take the decorations down, begin our diets and get back to work. 

So whilst depressingly packing away all the Christmas films like Elf, The Grinch, Love Actually, and New Year's Eve for another 11 months until it becomes socially acceptable to watch them again, I decided to grab a blanket, put the kettle on and pull out one of my favourite films, Pitch Perfect, to end the day on a high note (no pun intended).

Now I am aware my opinion on this is going to be totally biased as I literally know the film word for word (which is really irritating the rest of my family watching it with me...oops). 

I have to say my favourite scenes are the audition scene with Kelly Clarkson's - Since You've Been Gone and the Cup Song which most of you will remember became a bit of an Internet craze in 2013, and the Riff Off scene with a well performed acapella version of Blackstreet's - No Diggity.

As for characters, who doesn't love Fat Amy/Patricia (Rebel Wilson), her over the top comedy character creates laughs all the way through particularly with her mermaid dancing, horizontal running and her ability to avoid answering awkward questions. The competition commentators (Elizabeth Banks and John Higgins) add humour with their sly digs at the performances and personally I relate to the fellow movie addict Jesse (Skylar Astin) and have, since watching, used the term 'Moviecation' multiple times.

I would recommend this film if you enjoy a bit of singing and are looking for a film that isn't very serious, which creates a false representation of university life with a predictable love interest throughout. 

I am very excited for the second film coming out in May this year.

I hope you've enjoyed reading, follow my Twitter for updates on my posts @ThatFilmCritic_ and if you have any comments or questions please do comment below.

Thank you.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment