Sunday 25 January 2015

Where do you watch films?

I've had a very busy week this week and haven't actually had time to watch any films (oh noo). So, this is not a film review, infact it is more of a ramble about where I like to watch my films. There are various different options for where you can watch a film and in what attire and I want to try and decide which is my favourite.

Firstly we have the Cinema. I always find that when I am in the cinema my bum goes to sleep, does any one else have this problem? Then, when it's busy you have all the noisy audience members rustling sweet wrappers and even checking their phone... Just stop!! And for all you fashion bloggers out there, it's just not acceptable to go out in public in my comfy clothes, I have to put on a pair of jeans and shoes and make myself look remotely presentable. However where the cinema excels is with its ginormous high definition screen which is greatly appreciated by someone as short sighted as me combined together with its awesome surround sound that makes you feel like you're in the centre of the action. I suppose an additional bonus is the occasional slushy as a treat to drink during the film.

Next, sitting at home on the Sofa. Now this is a much more comfortable and casual option, I can literally crawl out of bed, with a blanket, put the television on, and lie on the sofa with easy access to the kettle for cups of tea...ahhh bliss! However there is the compromise of a smaller screen, with no surround sound. And if I'm watching the film during the day, that one strip of sunlight across the screen that no matter how I close the curtains, it still won't go!


Of course how could I forget my Bed. Now this spot is for the super lazy, I mean, I don't even have to move, I just switch the television on and lay wrapped up in my duvet like a caterpillar. I have a black out blind which removes the irritation of the sun and makes its feel more like the cinema. My only issue is as explained earlier... I am short sighted and my tv is rather far away from my bed making it hard to see and focus on after a long day staring at a computer screen.

Lastly, what about a Pillow & Blanket Fort? Obviously this option takes the most effort, but isn't it also the most rewarding? I suppose that depends on your maturity level. You have to take your time building a comfortable base with lots of pillows and then structure the roof with blankets and chairs (don't even get me started on tidying it away once I'm finished). If built correctly it should revolve around your tv (so it's easily visible from inside) and should block out the sun with ease. You can the crawl in, in whatever attire you like (comfies are preferred), take in a supply of snacks, and then hide from the world in your own personal fort.


Now once you've decided on where you want to watch a film, you then have the task of deciding what film to watch.... And let's be honest, that's the hardest part!


I hope you've all enjoyed reading, and questions just comment below, or add me on Twitter @ThatFilmCritic_

J

No comments:

Post a Comment